The Town of Belleair Shore was established in 1955 along one mile of beachfront consisting of 61 properties between Gulf Boulevard to the East and the Gulf of Mexico to the West. It is bordered on the North by the City of Belleair Beach and on the South by the City of Indian Rocks Beach.
The vision of the town’s founding fathers was set forth in Sec. 46-101 of the town ordinances.
It states as follows:
“For the purpose of promoting health, safety and general welfare; to secure safety from fire, panic and other dangers; to provide adequate light and air; to prevent the overcrowding of land and avoidance of undue concentration of population in the town; and to enhance the appearance and beauty of the community; the corporate limits and areas of the town are declared to constitute the single-family zoning district with regulations and restrictions for such district as set forth in this article to embrace the entire territory now or hereafter constituting the town.”